CONTINUOUS FLOW INTERMITTENT CLEANING
THE NEXT GENERATION IN BIOFILM TECHNOLOGY
The CFIC®, Complete Mix Fixed Film System, is the next generation of biofilm technology. it has all of the benefits of a traditional biofilm process with moving carriers but has many additional benefits.
The CFIC® process is designed to increase treatment capacity while reducing footprint and overall energy costs.
ABOUT FIXED FILM TECHNOLOGY
The basis of our CFIC® biofilm technology is the biological growth on polyethylene pieces called media or carriers. These surfaces provide a protective surface area for the biology to grow. The biofilms can handle extremely high loading conditions without any problems with clogging or shock.
• energy savings - substantial reduction in energy consumption - up to 20-40%!
• reuse - recycling of water and wastewater for reuse.
• effluent quality - superb effluent quality - typical solids content of 50 mg/l SS. In case of plant expansion, no additional clarifier required.
• small footprint.
• low capital costs - reduction in capital costs by reducing the size of the membrane surface or tertiary treatment.
• flexible - upgrade an existing AS, SBR, MBR or MBBR to provide additional capacity.
• performance - improves biological treatment which makes membranes perform more efficiently.
• sludge - controlled wasting and good characteristics